Top Ten Ways to a Woman’s Heart
10. Give your best frowny face and whine just a little when she leaves the house.
9. Respond the same way to all her emotions (crying, screaming, laughing, anger,
hysteria, silliness, exhaustion, confusion, & even early-morning-pre-caffeine)
– with understanding and gentleness.
8. Hug her or at least stay in the same room with her when she comes in from a
STANKY mid-afternoon run.
7. Come to the realization that she is always right. Even if she’s not, she is.
6. Curl up with her on the couch and give her the remote. Watch whatever she
wants to watch on TV. The show she chose is the correct one. Refer to #9 and #7.
5. Tell her what an amazing cook she is. NEVER offer cooking advise after the meal
has been served. Eat it with a smile. Say thank you!
4. Listen intently to the sound of her voice. It’s one-of-a-kind. Don’t block it out.
Listen and respond immediately, the first time you hear her, not twenty seconds
3. Never argue. Why would you, if you are following #7?!
2. Sit down and give her your undivided attention. Turn off your phone. Throw out
the newspaper. Just listen. She has so much to tell you about her
day. It’s important for her to tell you every single detail, including how many
coats of fingernail polish she applied after eating breakfast which involved
burning toast and scrapping the black part off with a knife she found hidden in
a casserole dish in the back of the refrigerator still left over from last Thursday.
1. Show unconditional love and excitement when she walks through the front door.
This is best expressed by running in circles and wagging your tail at an alarming
Men, if you can’t find it in your own heart to seek out your wife’s affection in these beautiful and quite successful steps, might I suggest you give her the next best gift – a dog?!
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. ~1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
Thanks for stopping by! ;)
P.S. After reading this to my husband for “double checking approval,” he said he probably would have liked it with less detail. Hello! #2! Thankfully, I have a dog. LOL!